I know that I said I would post more regularly this year…but the month of January has had some amazing times and some hard ones–both of which kept me away from here. So on this second-last day of the month, I’m starting again with the completed Village Mat. You can see here how it began with the sweater patches sewn on the backing. I learned a few things with this first prototype: next time I will add a little stuffing under the sweaters or else double them so that they are more at the height of the hooking. I tried needle felting on top of the sweater pieces, but did not like the effect at all. I do think the sweater patch idea has possibilities, especially with striped and patterned sweaters. This piece is going to be a pillow and I already have the border fabric sewn on, so I think the gentle pressure of the filled piece will help to smooth out the occasional sweater ripple.
I’ll be starting a new one soon. So stay tuned. And thanks for your patience. xine <3